Actions & Links
Part 1: What Can We Do Now?
1. By tomorrow: CNN. CNN has front page stories about sketch artists and Anthony Bourdain. Ask them to actually focus on the bill about to strip healthcare from millions of Americans.
2. By Friday: Amend Trumpcare. Well, not really. The Republicans won’t actually adopt them. But, each one takes a few minutes to read into the Senate record. So, Senate Dems are collecting as many as they can to try to slow the bill’s passage until after the July 4th resource so Senators have to go home and face their constituents. Submit amendments here.
3. By Sunday: Grow a Spine, WHCA. Sean Spicer has banned cameras from White House Press Briefings and news agencies have mostly gone alone with it. Contact the White House Correspondents’ Association and tell them to not play by their crazy rules – if you can’t report, don’t send anyone to the briefings!
Part 2: Mixed Media
1. Egregious anti-democracy action you probably haven’t heard of: The White House is lobbying the House to relax the proposed Russia sanctions.
2. Easy to forward clip to family and friends: Police removing disabled protestors from the Senate.
3. Coward of the week award: The 69 Senators who haven’t taken a position on the Healthcare Bill yet. If you’re going to vote for it, at least stand up and defend your decision.
4. Hero of the week award: Senator Casey, whose twitter is going off the rails in opposition to the health care travesty.
5. Here’s your pro-democracy, pro-America pump-up song of the week: I think this is the Republican healthcare plan.
Help us grow America Will Be. Forward our Actions & Links to friends and family (even your crazy Uncle who’s regretting his belief that “Trump and Hillary would be just the same.”) There’s strength in numbers, and tomorrow there’ll be more of us.
Copyright © 2017 America Will Be, All rights reserved.