In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone or tablet, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
Contact Government Officials
Find your legislators here: https://www.callmycongress.com
Search all members of Congress here: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/current
Fax your legislators for free: Reps: https://faxzero.com/fax_congress.php
and Senate: https://faxzero.com/fax_senate.php
If your senators and reps aren’t saved in your phone yet, text your zip code to
520-200-2223. You’ll immediately get a text back with everyone’s contact info, INCLUDING your STATE senator and representative.
1. Please remember that during this Congressional recess to scroll back through Rogan’s List and find continuing issues that need calls to legislators.
- From MomsRising: Tell your member of Congress to defend the media and the judiciary branch from Donald Trump’s efforts to de-legitimize them. Tell your U.S. Senator it’s time to put country before party: Stand up to Trump and stand for our nation now!
- Jeff Sessions has yet to recuse himself from investigations involving the Trump administration. Call the Department of Justice and demand that Sessions recuse himself from these investigations. 5calls.org has helpful background information and a call script you can use: https://5calls.org/#issue/recwP9xfcrWBMJiQV
- “Republicans Make Killing Consumer Protections a Priority”: http://www.latimes.com/business/lazarus/la-fi-lazarus-cfpb-republican-bills-20170221-story.html Contact your legislators and know that we have benefited from these protections and need them to stay.
- While the rest of the world is seriously addressing climate change, the Republicans are going backwards and eliminating protections that were set to serve us well. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/02/20/trump-to-roll-back-obamas-climate-water-rules-through-executive-action/?utm_term=.a5fb3170855b While some of this will be done by an executive order, our legislators need to know that we do not think that these moves will serve us, our children, or our grandchildren well in the long run. Call them.
- Sen. Warren and Rep. Clark introduced the Presidential Conflict of Interest Act of 2017 to the Senate and House in early January. Since then, the bills have stalled in their respective committees (although the House Bill does have over 100 cosponsors now.) These bills would require the president and vice president to divest funds that pose a conflict of interest, and would also require them to submit their tax returns to Congress and the Office of Government Ethics. We’ve got some work to do to make sure these bills proceed.
- Call the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Constitution and Civil Justice and tell them that you support HB 371. A list of members can be found here: https://judiciary.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/115th-Constitution-and-Civil-Justice-Subcommittee-Updated-21517.pdf
- Call your representatives and ask them to cosponsor and support HB 371.
- Call the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and tell them that you support SB 65. A list of members can be found here: https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/about
- Call your senators and ask them to cosponsor and support SB 65.
- During this Resistance Recess, find or start something this week: https://www.resistancerecess.com/event/resist-recess/
- Dept. of Health & Human Services has proposed new rules around the ACA. There is a public comment period until March 7th on rules that will increase premiums, reduce benefits, reduce networks, and increase deductibles. Then share this everywhere: https://www.regulations.gov/document?D=CMS-2017-0021-0002
- Trumpsters are staging their own “March 4 Trump” on March 4 around the country. Counter marches are also sprouting up by folks in the same locales. https://www.march4trump.com/
- When you or others plan resistance activities, here is how to make events accessible to the disability community. http://www.rootedinrights.org/how-to-make-your-social-justice-events-accessible-to-the-disability-community-a-checklist/
Petitions to Sign
- Steve Bannon is still on the National Security Council. Call your members of Congress and let them know that you support legislation that would remove Bannon from the NSC. You can also sign CREDO action’s petition: https://act.credoaction.com/sign/Bannon_NSC
- We’re close to winning this campaign to get Amazon to stop advertising with ultra right-wing Breitbart News. Sign here: https://actions.sumofus.org/a/amazon-stop-investing-in-hate
- From Do a Thing: “How to Talk to Your Facebook Friends About Fake News”: http://www.theopennotebook.com/2017/02/21/how-to-talk-to-your-facebook-friends-about-fake-news/
- It takes a village: http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/muslims-jewish-cemetery-fundraise/
- If you are using FaxZero (see box at the top) to contact your legislators, you are not alone! “People Are Faxing Their Senators Up To 300 Times An Hour”: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/people-are-faxing-their-senators-up-to-300-times-an-hour/
Rogan’s Listis now a participant in and strategic partner of the Action Alliance, a federation of more than 60 #resistance sites located throughout the nation, each with its own methods and approach. Other member sites are listed here: https://www.actionalliance.co/ –scroll down and click through and you’ll find many more opportunities to make a difference.
Rogan’s List is also part of RISE Stronger’s United States of Resistance https://risestronger.org/resist
You are subscribed to email updates from Rogan’s List: Today’s “To-do” List.